Wrong answer! We're not taking that excuse any longer Jane Planners. Try these time saving tips to get active and help your weight loss goals!
Making small changes can have a big impact on your health, weight loss and general well being. Trust us, you don't have to join a gym or book an expensive spa holiday to start feeling happier and healthier. Although it might seem hard and inconvienent, try and ditch the car or the tube and start walking or cycling instead!
Typically we spend 60% of our lives at the office, for most of us that means sitting at a computer desk all day or in meetings, try following some of our top tips to get more excersie into your day;
Increase your daily steps by making some small changes
· Park your car further away from the office, or better yet walk or cycle to work (if possible)
· Do you travel by bus or tube? Get off a stop early and power walk the last part of your journey
· Spend a lot of time on the phone? Why not pace the room or the building?
· Speed walk your errands
· Take the long way, go to the toilet at the other end of the building and take the stairs!
· Rather than calling or emailing your colleague get up and walk over to their desk
Workout at your desk
You may be concerned about looking silly, however here are some workouts that your colleagues won’t even notice you are doing
· Flex & tighten your abs for 30 seconds, release and repeat 10 times
· Squeeze gluts & hold for 30 seconds, release and repeat 10 times
· Add stretches to your day such as torso twists, leg extensions and shrugging your shoulders